CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

and, LetThere be Light!

Today was really no different than any other Sunday. We woke up early and got everyone ready for church. Carlos headed out first cause he is an Usher and has to be there early. As I started to head out the door, 30 minutes later, I got a call from Carlos telling me there was no electricity at the church. I was like awwe man, it's hot outside and i'm fat and sweat easily. This isn't going to be good. So I get there and hear the Pastor had already called the electricity company out to come fix the problem. He had already checked all of our breakers and it wasn't anything on our side. So the elec. man gets there and fixes a busted fuse on the big brown pole. He said it was really unusual that just the fuse busted and not the transformer as well. So instead of it taking 4 hours to fix, it only took 10 minutes. Back into the building we go, and on goes the AC. Weird stuff!

My daughter, Alicia pulled me aside and said her boyfriend Shane wanted to talk to me. So he tells me he really wants to take my family to dinner. I was like uh, no there is too many of us for you to pay for. He started to tell me how much he really wanted to do this for us, then I had a light bulb moment... Hellooo Amy, wouldn't you rather go out to eat than go home and cook for all of these cave people? Seriously, I couldn't say no after that crossed my mind! So we went to eat and when we finished my Mom called me and said my grandma called her and said that at my church in the morning everyone was standing around out side. She said we looked really sad and she was pretty sure someone had DIED! OMG!! Old ladies with their freaking gossip. So anyway my grandma wanted the 411 on who it was. I never called her back, she's crazy! LOL!

After a nap, I'm now drinking a Pepsi and eating a 3 Musketeers watching the Jeffersons, praying my cave kids won't start craving meat for dinner so i won't have to cook! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol gotta love small towns!

Anonymous said...

Hehe the last paragraph cracked me up! Small towns can be brutal!